In Missouri, the United Soybean Board said that 29 new consumer and industrial biobased products debuted in 2015 using soy derivatives. USB said that products developed with USB support in 2015 include an insulating foam that helps green building contractors earn LEED (Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design) certification, soy-based wood adhesives that replace formaldehyde, lubricants and solvents that reduce reliance on petrochemicals, and rubber belting that brings soybean oil full circle from the harvested fields to the tractors used to plant them.
Sustainable soy derivatives help manufacturers reduce carbon emissions, improve product safety, avoid supply interruptions and, in many cases, improve product performance, said the organization.
Among the new products
- Best Rest Eco Lux – a soy-foam mattress by Best Rest USA
- HeatLox XT – insulating foam for buildings by Demilec, Inc.
- U-Pack 5310 – foam-in-place packaging foam by WFI Global
- UCore+ – foam used to insulate plastic window frames by WFI Global
- WCCO Conveyor Belt – soy-and-rubber belting by WCCO Belting, Inc.
- Natural Environmental Barrier® – a new coating by Green Eagle Technologies
- ProSoy 7460 – a soy-protein-based pigment binder for water-based flexographic and gravure inks. by Applied Protein Systems
- SOYAD Adhesive – an adhesive used in the manufacture of hardwood plywood by Solenis
- Acous-Tec Adhesive – an adhesive used to manufacture acoustic panels by W. F. Taylor
- ProSoy 4410 – a soy-protein-based adhesive for paper substrates by Applied Protein Systems
- ProSoy 4315 – a soy-based additive that can replace phenol formaldehyde in wood adhesives by Applied Protein Systems
- ProSoy 5452 – a soy-protein-based binder and additive for paper and paperboard coatings by Applied Protein Systems
- ProSoy 5820 – a lower cost soy-based binder and additive for paper and paperboard coatings Applied Protein Systems
- Elevance Clean 1000 – a solvent for industrial formulations by Elevance Renewable Services
- Elevance Clean 1200 – a solvent for industrial formulations by Elevance Renewable Services
- STEPOSOL SB-W® – a solvent for degreasing that also acts as a lubricating agent by STEPAN Company
- STEPOSOL SB-D® – a solvent for degreasing by STEPAN Company
- Elevance Concert GC-350 – a processing aid for lithium grease manufacture by Elevance Renewable Sciences
- Soy Lube SL 100 – a soy-based lubricant by BioKleen
- BioLube SD – a soy-based lubricant by Synalloy and Manufacturers Chemicals LLC
OTHER INDUSTRIAL OPPORTUNITIES
- Me-Pro – a soy-based aquaculture feed by Prairie Aquatech
- Me-Pro Plus – an enhanced soy-based aquaculture feed by Prairie Aquatech
- PETROSTEP Q-50S® – a down-hole corrosion inhibitor for oil wells by STEPAN Company
- NatureWax® – premium candle wax by Elevance Renewable Sciences
- Elevance Soft CG-100® – emollients for personal care products by Elevance Renewable Sciences
- Elevance Smooth CS-100® – a film-forming material for personal care products by Elevance Renewable Sciences
- Defoamer Soy – a defoaming agent by Synalloy and Manufacturers Chemicals LLC
- Defoamer Eco Care – a defoaming agent by Synalloy and Manufacturers Chemicals LLC
- American Soybean Wax – a candle-making staple by Swan Creek Candle CompanyA complete list of soy-based products can be found here via USB’s Soy Products Guide.